Some insurance plans cover nutrition counseling. Michelle Babb is a preferred provider with many of the major insurance carriers including:
- Regence/Blue Cross-Blue Shield
- WholeHealth Networks
- First Choice
Nutrition coverage differs with each plan, so if you have insurance through one of the providers listed above you should contact your customer service representative to check your benefits. Questions to ask your insurance provider include:
- - Does my plan cover nutrition visits with a registered dietitian who is a preferred provider?
- - Do I need to have a referral from my primary care physician?
- - Do I have a limit on how many visits I am allowed?
You will need to bring your insurance card to your first appointment.
I can NOT accept Medicare at this time and am unable to bill insurance that is secondary to Medicare.
One-to-one nutrition counseling is available in Michelle's West Seattle office. These sessions are for individuals, couples or families and are customized based on your health and wellness goals. This type of session works well for:
Fee for inital visit (60-75 minutes): $135 (out-of-pocket - must be paid at time of service)
Fee for follow-up visits (60 minutes): $120 (out-of-pocket - must be paid at time of service)
Five-visit package: $495 (out-of-pocket - must be paid at time
of first visit)
12-Week Therapeutic Lifestyle Changes Program for Weight Loss
This 12-week program is designed to help facilitate lasting weight loss and includes a comprehensive food plan, guidelines for leading an active life, stress management techniques and much more. This program is extremely effective for:
- Healthy, sustainable weight loss
- Managing weight-related problems such as type 2 diabetes, high cholesterol and high blood pressure
- Improving energy and providing motivation
Fee for 12-week program - includes 8 visits over the course of 12 weeks: $775 (over $1,000 value)
This comprehensive anti-inflammatory detox program involves omitting common food allergens and other health-depleting food ingredients from the diet and eating nutritious and delicious foods that support optimal detoxification. Benefits of detox include:
- Weight loss
- Improved energy
- Mood stability
- Better digestion
- Skin improvements
Fee for 21-day program (includes 4 visits): $325 (paid at time of first visit)
Invite Michelle into your home to get hands-on help transforming your environment into one that supports your health and wellness goals. This type of session works well for:
- Families interested in weight management
- Families coping with food allergies
- Individuals needing help transforming their kitchen
Fee for initial visit (90 minutes): $200 (must be paid at time
Fee for follow-up visits (60 minutes): $160 (must be paid at time of service)
Home visit package: Four visits for $425 (must be
paid at time of first visit)
This comprehensive nutrition makeover includes:
- Goal setting session in your home to help determine each family members health goals
- Pantry makeover to help you weed out the junk and make room for delicious, nourishing foods
- Guided grocery store tour to fill your cart with foods that make it easier to be healthy throughout the week
- In-home cooking workshop to learn time-saving tricks and easy cooking methods for family-friendly meals and snacks