Apple Pear Crisp
Author: Michelle Babb on Jan 3rd, 2012
Recipe Category: Dessert
1 Hour 30 Minutes
1 Hour 50 Minutes
I love to make this crisp for dessert when I have company, and I've been known to recruit my younger guests to help peel the apples and pears. The aroma of baked apples is warm and comforting, and it's the perfect dessert when you serve it warm and top it with some Coconut Bliss (a delicious, non-dairy ice cream substitute).
- 4 cups apples, peeled, cored and sliced
- 3 cups pears, peeled, cored and sliced
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. ground nutmeg
- 2 Tbsp. arrowroot
- 1 Tbsp. fresh squeezed orange juice
- 1/4 cup agave nectar
- 2 cups certified gluten-free oats
- 1/2 cup brown rice flour
- 1/3 cup agave nectar
- 2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. ground allspice
- 1 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1/2 cup coconut oil or Earth Balance Spread
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In large bowl, combine all of the filling ingredients and toss
until the fruit is well coated.
Lightly grease a 9 x 13-inch baking dishwith olive oil or coconut oil.
- Transfer fruit filling into baking dish. Cover with foil and bake for 45 minutes. While fruit is baking, combine the oats, rice flour, agave nectar, spices and walnuts. Cut in the coconut oil or spread until the mixture is crumbly.
- Remove the pan of fruit from the oven and spread the topping over the fruit. Return the pan to the oven and continue baking, uncovered, for another 20-30 minutes, or until the topping is browned. Allow to cool slightly before serving.
Makes 10 servings