Basil Chicken Stuffed Tomatoes
Author: Michelle Babb on Jan 3rd, 2012
Recipe Category: Veggies & Sides
I served this as an appetizer at a Mediterranean feast, and they were a big hit. The hazelnuts, basil and garlic really make the chicken rich and flavorful, and it's a beautiful snack when served in a vibrant, red Roma tomato!
- 2 chicken breasts, grilled or baked
- ½ cup hazelnuts, chopped
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- ½ cup fresh basil, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 4 Roma tomatoes
- Cut chicken breasts into small pieces and place in a large bowl. Add hazelnuts.
- In a small bowl, combine mayonnaise, basil, garlic and lemon juice. Add basil aioli mixture to chicken and hazelnuts and mix thoroughly.
- Slice tomatoes in half and remove seeds. Scoop chicken mixture into each tomato half. Chill for 45-60 minutes and serve.
Makes 8 servings