Black Bean Hummus
Author: bonsaimediagroup on Dec 30th, 2011
Recipe Category: Veggies & Sides
This is an interesting variation on hummus, which is traditionally made with garbanzo beans. When you're looking for a healthy snack or a bean dip with some character, give this recipe a try.
- 1 - 15 oz. can black beans
- 1 small jar marinated artichoke hearts
- 1 tablespoon tahini (sesame seed paste)
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 1-2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1-2 teaspoons sea salt
- Rinse black beans thoroughly and drain. Place black beans, artichoke hearts, tahini and garlic in a food processor. Slowly drizzle in olive oil as you blend the ingredients to desired consistency. Add salt to taste.
- Serve with vegetables, whole wheat pita chips or tortilla chips.
Makes 6 servings