Brussels Sprouts Slaw
Author: Michelle Babb on Jan 3rd, 2012
Recipe Category: Veggies & Sides
I'm always looking for creative ways to use Brussels sprouts and this tangy slaw is a perfect example! This slaw is packed with nutrients and is an excellent accompaniment to poultry or fish entrees. It was featured in our recent PCC Cooks class "Foods for Healthy Hormone Balance." Enjoy!
- 1 tablespoon flax oil
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame oil
- 3 tablespoons brown rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon agave nectar
- ¼ cup arame soaked in 1 cup water
- ½ pound Brussels sprouts
- ½ small head purple cabbage
- ¼ cup golden raisins
- 2 teaspoons poppy seeds
- Combine vinaigrette ingredients and set aside.
- Cut bottoms off Brussels sprouts and chop into fine strips or
use food processor to shred.
Chop purple cabbage into thin strips or shred in food processor.
- Blend shredded Brussels sprouts and cabbage in large bowl. Add raisins, poppy seeds and arame. Drizzle vinaigrette over the slaw and mix thoroughly.
- Cover and refrigerate for 1 to 2 hours before serving.
Makes 6 servings