Creamy Asparagus & Sunchoke Soup
Author: Michelle Babb on Jan 3rd, 2012
Recipe Category: Soup
Asparagus is my favorite crop of the spring season, and I'm always looking for ways to get creative with how I serve it. This creamy soup is dairy free and absolutely delicious! Sunchokes, also known as Jerusalem artichokes, are high in fiber and great for digestive health.
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 leek, rinsed and chopped (white and light green parts only)
- 3 sunchokes, scrubbed and chopped into small pieces
- 1 bunch asparagus, washed and chopped into 1" pieces
- 4 cups mushroom broth
- 1 cup water
- 1/3 cup rolled oats
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground pepper
- Heat oil in large pot. Add leeks and sauté until soft. Add sunchokes and asparagus and sauté for about 2-3 minutes. Add mushroom broth, water, oats and salt. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to medium and simmer for 15-20 minutes.
- Transfer to a food processor and blend until texture is smooth and creamy. Add fresh ground pepper and serve warm.
Makes 6 servings