Creamy Celery Root Soup
Author: bonsaimediagroup on Dec 29th, 2011
Recipe Category: Soup
Celery root (also called celeriac) is a very grounding root vegetable that has a strong celery flavor. Combining it with Jerusalem artichokes (Sunchokes) gives this soup a creamy texture and makes it the perfect soup to aid in digestion and cool down inflammation. If you can't find Sunchokes, try using parsnips instead. It's fast and easy to make AND it's delicious!
- 1 medium celeriac (celery root)
- 4 sunchokes (Jerusalem artichokes), thoroughly scrubbed
- 3 cups vegetable broth
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- salt and pepper to taste
- Peel celeriac and chop into 1-inch chunks. Cut sunchokes into similar size pieces (no need to peel).
- Place in steamer basket and steam until tender (~20 minutes).
- Place celeriac and sunchokes in food processor. Add broth and cumin and puree until smooth. Add salt and pepper to taste.
Makes 4 servings