Author: Michelle Babb on Jan 3rd, 2012
Recipe Category: Veggies & Sides
This simple dip or spread is a fun variation of traditional hummus, which is usually made from garbanzo beans. Edamame is sweet green soybeans, and can be found already shelled in the frozen foods section. Enjoy this high-protein snack with whole grain pita chips or your favorite dipping veggies.
- 1 - 10 oz bag frozen, shelled edamame
- 4 tablespoons tahini (sesame seed paste)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 2-3 cloves garlic
- 2-3 tablespoons olive oil
- In small saucepan, bring 2 cups water to a boil. Add edamame and cook until thawed, 3-5 minutes.
- Drain edamame and place in a food processor. Add tahini, salt, lemon juice and garlic and blend. Slowly drizzle in olive oil until the mixture reaches desired consistency. Taste and adjust seasoning as needed.
- Serve with toasted whole wheat pita chips or veggies. Excellent with cauliflower, carrots and red or yellow bell peppers.
Makes 6 servings