Fresh Vegetarian Spring Rolls
Author: Michelle Babb on Jul 3rd, 2012
Recipe Category: Appetizer
This is definitely a party a favorite, and great for your vegetarian, gluten-free, dairy-free friends. You can add to the vegetable suggestions and create your own fresh roll masterpiece!
1 package glass noodles
1 carrot, shredded
½ cup snow peas, thinly sliced
½ cup red peppers, thinly sliced
½ cup bean sprouts
1 package 9-inch round rice papers
6 large basil leaves
3 tablespoons chunky peanut butter
1 teaspoon minced ginger
1 clove garlic
1/3 cup vegetable broth
3 tablespoons wheat-free tamari sauce
2 tablespoons rice vinegar
2 teaspoons agave nectar
- In a medium saucepan, add three cups water and ½ teaspoon salt. Bring to a boil and add the noodles. Cook the glass noodles for 1 minute, then drain and rinse the noodles.
- Place all of the vegetables in small bowls for easy access.
- Add very warm water to a pie pan until it is about half full. Place individual rice paper in the water and soak until soft (~ 1 minute). Remove the rice paper from water and place on a cutting board.
- Place your favorite ingredients in the center of the rice paper and roll like a burrito! Place the basil leaf in as you're making your last roll, so that you can see it through the rice paper.
- Cut rolls in half and arrange on a platter. Serve with peanut dipping sauce (below).
- In a small mixing bowl, combine all ingredients and whisk until smooth.
- Serve with Fresh Spring Rolls.
Makes 12 servings