Author: Michelle Babb on Jan 4th, 2012
Recipe Category: None
Hummus is a delicious combination of garbanzo beans, olive oil and garlic. This high-protein dip is excellent with vegetables, whole grain crackers or rice crackers and also makes a great sandwich spread.
- 1 can garbanzo beans (also called chick-peas)
- ¼ cup tahini (sesame seed paste)
- 2-3 cloves garlic
- Juice from 1 lemon
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- Rinse and drain garbanzo beans and place them in a food processor or bender.
- Add tahini, garlic, lemon juice and salt. Blend until smooth.
- You can add more lemon juice or a few teaspoons of olive oil to smooth out the texture if desired.
Stores well in the refrigerator for about a week.
Makes 6 servings