Lamb Burger Sliders
Author: Michelle Babb on Jan 4th, 2012
Recipe Category: Entrees
Lamb is an extremely healthy meat that has a wonderful, rich flavor. These Mediterranean-style sliders are a great way to bring lamb into a meal. I use pita bread cut into rounds with a biscuit cutter to make a thinner bun so the meat doesn't get lost in the bread!
- 1 pound ground lamb
- 1 teaspoon herbs de Provence
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- ¼ cup oil-packed sundried tomatoes, chopped
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon mint
- 1 tablespoon fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 3 pieces whole wheat pita bread
- Optional: avocado slices
- In medium bowl, combine ground lamb and herbs, kneading the herbs into the lamb.
- In a small bowl, combine mayonnaise, sundried tomatoes, oregano, mint and lemon juice. Mix well.
- Using a biscuit cutter, cut pita bread into eight small circles and set aside.
- Form lamb into small patties (about 2 inches in diameter).
- Grill for 8-10 minutes, turning once. Remove burgers from grill, assemble using pita bread as the bun and adding ~ 1 tablespoon of the aioli to each slider.
Makes 8 servings