Luscious Lasagna (Gluten Free)
Author: Michelle Babb on Jan 4th, 2012
Recipe Category: Entrees
Who says gluten-free, dairy-free lasagna can't taste great? The layers of sauteed veggies make this lasagna a hit with the whole family. If you can find Daiya dairy-free shredded mozzarella it's a great cheese substitute and it even melts fairly well.
- 1 box brown rice lasagna noodles (I like Tinkyada)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small yellow onion, chopped
- 1/2 pound cremini or button mushrooms, chopped
- 1 zucchini, chopped
- 1 small eggplant, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 teaspoons Italian herbs
- 1 28 oz. can diced, stewed tomatoes
- Optional: Daiya dairy-free mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Fill large sauce pan or soup pot with water and bring to a boil. Add lasagna noodles and reduce heat. Cook until noodles are soft but not mushy (~10-12 minutes).
- While noodles are cooking, heat oil in a large skillet and add onions. Saute until onions are translucent. Add mushrooms and saute for 2-3 minutes. Add zucchini and eggplant and saute until soft. Add garlic, sea salt and Italian herbs and saute for 2-3 more minutes.
- Drain the pasta noodles and rinse with cold water.
- In a baking dish, pour 1/2 cup of the stewed tomatoes or enough to coat the bottom of the dish. Place one layer of noodles over the tomatoes. Spoon half of the sauteed veggie mixture on top of the noodles and spread evenly. Spread 1 cup of the stewed tomatoes on top of the veggie mixture. Add 1/4 cup cheese. Repeat the process, top with a layer of noodles. Cover with tomatoes and shredded cheese.
- Cover with foil and bake at 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes.
Makes 8-10 servings