Mediterranean Lamb Skewers
Author: Michelle Babb on Jan 4th, 2012
Recipe Category: Entrees
Lamb is an extremely healthy meat that's high in iron and zinc and has some beneficial fats that are anti-inflammatory. Not to mention that it marinates well and tastes delicious! Serve these lamb skewers with some quinoa and sauteed greens for a perfectly balanced meal.
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh mint, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh oregano, chopped
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 pound lamb leg steak
- Bamboo skewers (soaked in water)
- 20 cherry tomatoes
- 30 garlic stuffed green olives
- In a medium-size bowl, combine olive oil, lime juice, garlic, mint, oregano and sea salt and set aside.
- Cut the lamb leg steak into cubes and add to the bowl
with the marinade. Combine until the lamb is well
- Cover and refrigerate for 2 - 4 hours.
- Set oven to broil (425 degrees).
- Layer the lamb, tomatoes and olives onto the skewers,
alternating all three ingredients on each skewer.
- Place skewers on a broiler pan and bake for 10-12 minutes, until the lamb is medium-rare.
Makes 4 servings