Nori Wrapped Salmon
Author: Michelle Babb on Jan 4th, 2012
Recipe Category: Entrees
You don't have to be making sushi to have fun with Nori wraps! Nori is a mineral dense sea vegetable that adds flavor and texture to a dish, and in this recipe it helps protect the salmon from drying out during cooking. It's an easy and delicious way to cook fish!
Soy Ginger Marinade
- ⅓ cup olive oil
- ¼ cup tamari sauce
- 1 teaspoon minced ginger
- 2 salmon filets (about 1 pound)
- 1 package nori sheets
- 1 cup cooked brown basmati rice
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Combine marinade ingredients and set aside.
- Prepare salmon filets (Cut away skin and cut filets in half. Remove any visible bones).
- Place salmon in shallow dish and cover with half the marinade. Reserve the rest of the marinade.
- Cover salmon and let rest for 30 to 60 minutes.
- Place marinated salmon filets on nori sheets (one filet per sheet). Top each filet with ¼ cup cooked brown rice. Drizzle remaining marinade over the rice.
- Wrap salmon and rice in nori sheets, using burrito rolling technique.
- Place in shallow baking dish and bake for 15 minutes.
Makes 4 servings