Nutty Coconut Energy Truffles
Author: Katherine Oldfield, ND on Jan 4th, 2012
Recipe Category: Dessert
These delicious little truffles are packed with minerals and offer the perfect balance of complex carbohydrates, protein and healthy fats. They freeze well, and they're great to take on hikes or bike rides. This could replace your store-bought power bar.
- 2 cups walnuts
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- pinch sea salt
- ½ cup pitted Medjool dates
- ½ cup dried cherries
- 2 tablespoons coconut butter or oil
- ¼ teaspoon almond extract
- 2 tablespoons peanut or almond butter (optional) unsweetened, shredded coconut
- Place the walnuts, cinnamon, and sea salt into a food
processor. Process until nuts are finely ground.
- Add the dates, cherries, coconut butter, and almond
extract. Process again until combined and sticky. If you want more
protein, add the nut butter.
- Roll the mixture into small balls, then roll in shredded coconut. These keep well in the refrigerator and can also be frozen.
Makes 12 servings