Potato and Green Bean Salad
Author: Michelle Babb on Jan 4th, 2012
Recipe Category: Veggies & Sides
This unconventional potato salad features green beans and is dressed with a light and tangy vinaigrette and is the perfect side dish with fish, poultry or meat.
- 12 - 15 fingerling potatoes, wash thoroughly - no need to peel
- 3 cups green beans, washed with stems removed
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon or stone ground mustard
- salt and pepper to taste
- Place potatoes in large saucepan and fill with water until potatoes are covered. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to medium and simmer until potatoes are tender (~ 10 minutes).
- Drain, rinse under cold water and refrigerate to cool.
- Place green beans in large saucepan and fill with water until beans are covered. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to medium and simmer until beans are somewhat tender and still bright green (do not overcook).
- Drain and transfer to large bowl.
- In small bowl, combine olive oil, vinegar, and mustard and mix thoroughly.
- Slice potatoes into quarters and place in the bowl with the green beans.
- Drizzle vinaigrette over the mixture and toss until all potatoes and beans are well coated. Add salt and pepper to taste.
Makes 6 servings