Author: Susan O'Brien on Jan 4th, 2012
Recipe Category: Dessert
This recipe comes from one of my favorite gluten-free cookbooks, "Gluten-Free, Sugar-Free Cooking" by a former coworker of mine, Susan O'Brien. I love this recipe because it's a tasty dessert that's not too sweet and it's virtually guilt free. Enjoy!
- 2 cups sorghum flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ¾ cup agave nectar
- ¼ cup canola oil
- 4 eggs
- 1 (14-ounce) can pureed pumpkin
- ¾ cup unsweetened applesauce
- ¾ cup chopped walnuts or pecans (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350° F. In a medium-size bowl, combine flour, baking powder, cinnamon, salt and baking soda.
- In large bowl, beat together the agave nectar and oil until smooth. Add the eggs, pumpkin, and applesauce.
- Add the flour mixture to the wet ingredients and mix well. Stir in the nuts.
- Spread batter in a ungreased 9" x 11" baking pan and bake for 25-35 minutes (until a toothpick comes out clean). Cool on a wire rack and cut into squares.
Makes 18-24 bars