Quinoa & Asparagus Salad
Author: Michelle Babb on Jan 4th, 2012
Recipe Category: Veggies & Sides
This beautiful, colorful salad features some of my favorite ingredients! How can you go wrong with quinoa, asparagus and sun dried tomatoes? It's a winning combination! This is the perfect accompaniment to grilled fish, chicken or lamb.
- 1 cup quinoa, rinsed and drained
- 2 cups water
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ bunch asparagus, chopped
- 2 tablespoons sunflower oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sundried tomatoes, rehydrated in warm water
- ¼ cup toasted sunflower seeds
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon wheat-free tamari
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Place quinoa in a medium saucepan. Add water and salt, bring to a boil, reduce heat to low, cover and simmer for 20 minutes (no need to stir).
- Toss asparagus with sunflower oil and salt. Spread asparagus onto a baking sheet, leaving space between pieces. Roast in the oven for 10-15 minutes, until tender.
- In large bowl, combine the cooked quinoa, asparagus, sundried tomatoes and sunflower seeds. Set aside.
- In small bowl, whisk together olive oil, lemon juice and tamari.
- Drizzle dressing over quinoa mixture and toss well. Serve warm or cold.
Makes 4 servings