Author: Michelle Babb on Jan 4th, 2012
Recipe Category: Veggies & Sides
This may not be a true risotto, but using quinoa in place of rice makes this a quick and easy way to create that rich, creamy, delicious risotto experience. The roasted vegetables add yet another dimension to this hearty, healthy side dish!
- 1 cup quinoa, rinsed and drained
- 2 cups mushroom broth
- 1 cup broccoli flowerets
- ½ pound crimini mushrooms, chopped
- 1 large red pepper, chopped
- 4-5 garlic cloves
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon coarse Kosher salt
- ¼ cup fresh chopped basil
- ¼ cup Parmesan cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 375° F. Place pizza stone in the oven to heat.
- Combine quinoa and broth in large saucepan. Bring to boil, reduce heat to low, cover and cook for 20 minutes without stirring.
- Place broccoli, mushrooms, peppers and garlic cloves in a large bowl. Add olive oil and mix well. Place on heated pizza stone, add Kosher salt and roast in preheated oven for 15-20 minutes.
- Add roasted vegetables to quinoa and mix over medium heat, slowly adding the Parmesan cheese.
- Add salt and pepper to taste and serve warm.
Makes 4-6 servings