Author: Michelle Babb on Jan 4th, 2012
Recipe Category: Veggies & Sides
This delicious spin on the classic Lebanese tabouli uses quinoa instead of bulgar, so it's gluten free and even more nutritious! The lemon vinaigrette, mint and parsley make this the perfect spring/summer side dish.
- 1 cup quinoa
- 2 cups water
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup flat leaf parsley, chopped
- 1/2 cup mint, finely chopped
- 1 tomato, chopped
- 1 cucumber, seeded and chopped
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- salt and pepper to taste
- optional: feta cheese
- Rinse and drain quinoa. Place quinoa in a medium saucepan with water and salt and bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat, cover and simmer for ~20 minutes, without stirring. Uncover, fluff with a fork and allow to cool for 10-15 minutes.
- Place 2 cups cooked quinoa in a large bowl. Add parsley, mint, tomato and cucumber. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine olive oil, lemon juice and garlic. Drizzle over quinoa and toss until all ingredients are well coated. Add salt and pepper (and feta cheese, if desired).
Can be served warm or chilled.
Makes 6 servings