Rainbow Quinoa & Adzuki Bean Salad
Author: Michelle Babb on Jan 5th, 2012
Recipe Category: Veggies & Sides
This colorful bean and grain salad is packed with nutrients and makes a great side dish or a tasty stand alone lunch. Quinoa is one of the most nutritious whole grains and adzuki beans outshine many of the other beans because of their mineral content.
- 1 cup rainbow quinoa
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cups kale, chopped
- 1 can adzuki beans
- ½ cup chopped Kalamata olives
- 1 cup chopped fire roasted pepper
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- In a large saucepan, combine quinoa and broth. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low, cover and simmer for 20 minutes.
- While quinoa is cooking, heat olive oil in a saute pan. Add kale and saute until wilted (~5 minutes). Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine 1 cup of the cooked quinoa (you'll have leftover quinoa to store in the refrigerator), beans, sauteed kale, olives and peppers and set aside. Whisk together olive oil and lime juice. Drizzle over salad and toss until well coated.
Makes 4-6 servings