Rice Pudding with Cranberries & Pistachios
Author: Bridget Nichols, adapted from Kevin Lynch on Closet Cooking.com on Jan 4th, 2012
Recipe Category: Dessert
Rice pudding is creamy, sweet and warming on a cold winter night. The addition of dried cranberries and pistachios creates a festive red and green holiday classic.
- 5 cups coconut milk (or almond, rice or soy milk)
- ½ cup Arborio rice
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup agave nectar
- 1 ½ teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons orange zest
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ cup dried cranberries (no sugar added)
- ½ cup pistachios, shelled
- Place the coconut milk, rice, salt agave nectar, vanilla extract, orange zest and cinnamon in a medium saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Reduce the heat and simmer for 25-35 minutes, stirring occasionally, until rice is creamy and tender.
- Mix in cranberries and pistachios, reserving some for garnish.
- Remove from heat and let cool.
Makes 4 servings