Sun-Dried Tomato and Asparagus Frittata
Author: Michelle Babb on Jan 4th, 2012
This nutrient dense, protein packed frittata is bound to be a crowd pleaser! It's perfect for brunch and reheats nicely so you can have left-overs for breakfast the next day. Feel free to swap out the vegetables for whatever is in season. Zucchini, peppers, and spinach would all be nice additions!
- 1 cup sundried tomato halves, chopped
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 yellow onion, thinly sliced
- ½ pound Crimini or Shitake mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 bunch asparagus, chopped into 1-inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 6 eggs
- ¼ cup flat leaf Italian parsley, chopped
- Sea salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven broiler.
- Place sundried tomatoes in medium-size bowl, add warm water and set aside.
- Heat coconut oil in large, oven-proof skillet. Add onion and mushrooms and sauté until onions are translucent. Add garlic and asparagus and sauté for another 3 minutes. Transfer vegetables into a bowl and set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat the eggs. Heat coconut oil in the skillet over medium heat, then add the eggs. Add the vegetable mixture, spreading it evenly through the eggs. Drain the sundried tomatoes and add those to the egg mixture. Sprinkle parsley over the top. Add salt and pepper as desired.
- Turn heat to low and allow the egg mixture to cook until the bottom is set (15-18 minutes). Transfer the skillet into the preheated oven and allow the top to finish cooking (2-3 minutes).
Makes 8-10 servings