Author: Michelle Babb on Jan 4th, 2012
Recipe Category: Entrees
This is a healthier version of meatloaf but it's just as tasty and it's hearty enough for the meat lovers in your family. It freezes well and is great left over, so you might even want to double the batch. You can also use this recipe to make turkey meatballs.
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 cup chopped mushrooms
- 1 small yellow onion diced
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- ½ cup shredded carrot
- ¼ cup fresh squeezed orange juice
- ¼ cup gluten-free oats
- 2 Tbsp. dried parsley
- 2 tsp. dried tarragon
- 1 tsp. dried sage
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350◦ F.
- Heat olive oil in medium sized frying pan and sauté mushrooms and onions until onions are translucent.
- Mix all ingredients together in a medium bowl.
- Pat into a loaf shape in a 9-inch pie plate or other flat dish. If you prefer, you can make 2 smaller loaves and store one in the freezer after baking.
- Bake for approximately 35 minutes for 1 loaf. Smaller loaves will take less time. Be careful not to overbake as it will be too dry.
Makes 6 servings