Roasted Beets & Beet Greens Salad
Author: Michelle Babb on Jan 4th, 2012
Recipe Category: Veggies & Sides
Delicious food doesn't get much healthier than this!
Beets are packed with vitamins, minerals and fiber and roasting
them really brings out their sweet, earthy flavors. You'll be using
the beet greens for the base of the salad, much like you would use
spinach or any other salad greens.
- 5-6 beets (with greens attached)
- 2 tablespoons grapeseed oil
- 1 teaspoon coarse Kosher salt or sea salt
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Wash beets thoroughly, cut away beet greens and set the greens aside.
- Cut beets into one-inch chunks and place in a bowl. Add grapeseed oil and salt and toss until well coated.
- Spread beets evenly on a roasting pan or cookie sheet. Place in the oven and roast for ~20 minutes.
- While beets are roasting, chop beet greens into small pieces and set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk together olive oil, balsamic vinegar and Dijon mustard.
- Transfer the roasted beets to the bowl with the beet greens.
- Add vinaigrette and toss until the beets and the greens are well coated.
Makes 4-6 servings